Dr Peter Ball
- Pimenta HCD & Ball PD (2014) Environmental and Social Sustainability Practices across Supply Chain Management - A Systematic Review, IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, 439 (PART 2) 213-221.
- Alabdulkarim AA, Ball PD & Tiwari A (2014) Influence of resources on maintenance operations with different asset monitoring levels: A simulation approach, Business Process Management Journal, 20 (2) 195-212.
- Lunt P, Ball P & Levers A (2014) Barriers to industrial energy efficiency, International Journal of Energy Sector Management, 8 (3) 380-394.
- Salonitis K & Ball P (2013) Energy Efficient Manufacturing from Machine Tools to Manufacturing Systems, Procedia CIRP, 7 634-639.
- Despeisse M, Oates MR & Ball PD (2013) Sustainable manufacturing tactics and cross-functional factory modelling, Journal of Cleaner Production, 42 31-41.
- Alabdulkarim AA, Ball PD & Tiwari A (2013) Applications of simulation in maintenance research, World Journal of Modelling and Simulation, 9 (1) 14-37.
- Baines T, Brown S, Benedettini O & Ball P (2012) Examining green production and its role within the competitive strategy of manufacturers, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 5 (1) 53-87.
- McBeath A & Ball PD (2012) Towards a framework for transferring technology knowledge between facilities, Strategic Outsourcing, 5 (3) 213-231.
- Smith L & Ball P (2012) Steps towards sustainable manufacturing through modelling material, energy and waste flows, International Journal of Production Economics, 140 (1) 227-238.
- Despeisse M, Ball PD, Evans S & Levers A (2012) Industrial ecology at factory level: a prototype methodology, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of engineering manufacture, 226 (10) 1648-1664.
Despeisse M, Ball PD, Evans S & Levers A (2012)
Industrial ecology at factory level: a conceptual model, Journal of Cleaner Production, 31 (3-4) 30-39.
- Despeisse M, Mbaye F, Ball PD & Levers A (2012) The emergence of sustainable manufacturing practices, Production Planning & Control, 23 (5) 354-376.
- Ayeni P, Baines T, Lightfoot H & Ball P (2011) State-of-the-art of 'Lean' in the aviation maintenance, repair, and overhaul industry, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of engineering manufacture, 225 (11) 2108-2123.
- Ball PD, Roberts S, Natalicchio A & Scorzafave C (2011) Modelling production ramp-up of engineering products, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of engineering manufacture, 225 (6) 959-971.
- Smith MK, Ball PD, Bititci US & Van Der Meer R (2010) Transforming mass production contact centres using approaches from manufacturing, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 21 (4) 433-448.
- Tjahjono B, Ball P, Vitanov VI, Scorzafave C, Nogueira J, Calleja J, Minguet M, Narasimha L, Rivas A, Srivastava A, Srivastava S & Yadav A (2010) Six Sigma: a literature review, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 1 (3) 216-233.
- Ball PD, Evans S, Levers A & Ellison D (2009) Zero carbon manufacturing facility - towards integrating material, energy, and waste process flows, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of engineering manufacture, 223 (9) 1085-1096.
- Ball P & Love D (2009) Rapid simulation modeling now!, Industrial Engineer, 41 (7) 29-33.
- Smith M, Busi M, Ball P & Van Der Meer R (2008) Factors influencing an organisation's ability to manage innovation: A structured literature review and conceptual model, International Journal of Innovation Management, 12 (4) 655-676.
- Baines TS, Ball PD, Cooper S, Dawson P, Wilkinson S, Woods M & Kay JM (2008) An exploration of policies and practices used to showcase production facilities, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of engineering manufacture, 222 (9) 1181-1188.
- Ball P (2007) Uncertainty in supply chain configuration and operation, Production Planning & Control, 18 (6).
- Ball P, Tjahjono B, Smart P, Ladbrook J & Butler-Adams W (2007) No training wheels required : manufacturing system upgrades rely on novice simulators, Industrial Engineer, 39 (9) 36-39.
- Albores, P., Ball, P.D. & MacBryde & J.C (2007) Modelling e-business processes: a component-based simulation approach., International Journal of Agile Systems and Management, 2 (3) 242-262.
- Ball PD, Grierson H, Min J, Jackman JK & Patterson P (2007) Working on an assignment with people you'll never meet! Case study on learning operations management in international teams, International Journal of Engineering Education, 23 (2) 368-377.
- Albores P, Ball PD & Macbryde J (2005) Simulation process templates for e-business modelling, International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling, 1 (3-4) 150-160.
- Ball PD, Albores P & Macbryde J (2004) Requirements for modelling e-business processes, Production Planning & Control, 15 (8) 776-785.
- Ball PD & Thornbury H (2004) A Student Learning Environment without the overhead? Reviewing costs and benefits of CAL within a manufacturing course, International Journal of Engineering Education, 20 (5) 713-725.
- Tang NKH, Benton H, Love DM, Albores P, Ball PD, Macbyrde J, Boughton N & Drake P (2004) Developing an Enterprise Simulator to Support Electronic Supply Chain for B2B Electronic Business, Production Planning & Control, 15 (6) 572-583.
- Alabdulkarim AA, Ball P & Tiwari A Assessing asset monitoring levels for maintenance operations: A simulation approach, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 26 (5) 632-659.
Conference Proceedings Article
- Davé A, Ball PD, Salonitis K & Astfalck C (2015) Factory Eco-Efficiency Modelling: Framework Development and Testing.
- Davé A & Ball PD (2013) Factory modelling: data guidance for analysing production, utility and building architecture systems.
- Ball PD, Roberts S, Davé A & Pimenta H (2013) Towards a factory eco-efficiency improvement methodology.
- Pimenta HCD, Ball PD, Aguiar JA & Evans S (2013) Environmental management practices within the supply chain: a case study of textile industry.
- Pimenta HCD & Ball PD (2013) Towards a business model for sustainable supply chain management.
- Ball PD (2013) Factory modelling: challenges for assessing resource efficiency at scale.
- Despeisse M, Ball PD & Evans S (2012) Design of tactics for sustainable manufacturing: an improvement methodology.
- Ball PD, Elhance AM, Omgba Okala A, Verma SK, Viswanath V & Tiwari A (2012) A customised discrete event simulation tool to evaluate engineering product service strategies.
- Oates MR, Despeisse M, Ball PD, Evans S, Greenough RM, Hope SB, Levers A, Lunt P, Quincey R, Shao L, Waltniel T, Wheatley C & Wright AJ (2012) Design of sustainable industrial systems by integrated modeling of factory building and manufacturing processes.
- Ball PD, Despeisse M, Evans S, Greenough RM, Hope SB, Kerrigan R, Levers A, Lunt P, Murray V, Oates MR, Quincey R, Shao L, Waltniel T & Wright AJ (2012) Factory modelling: combining energy modelling for buildings and production systems.
- Ayeni P, Ball PD & Baines TS (2012) Towards the strategic adoption of lean in aviation maintenance repair and overhaul industry: an empirical study into the industry's lean status.
- Lunt PAV & Ball PD (2012) Barriers to energy reduction in manufacturing.
- Alabdulkarim AA, Ball PD & Tiwari A (2012) Rapid modeling of field maintenance using discrete event simulation.
- Alabdulkairm A, Ball PD & Tiwari A (2011) State of the art of simulation applications in maintenance simulation.
- Redding LE, Baines TS & Ball PD (2011) An operations strategy formulation methodology for manufacturing organisations seeking to adopt informated product servitized solutions.
- Ball PD, Tiwari A, Alabdulkairm A, Cuthbert R & Thorne A (2010) Using discrete event simulation to investigate engineering product service strategies.
- Halliburton R & Ball PD (2010) Project delivery performance - researching deviation at the task level.
- Despeisse M, Ball PD, Evans S & Levers A (2010) Process flow modelling for more environmentally sustainable manufacturing operations.
- Tjahjono B, Ball P, Ladbrook J & Kay J (2010) Assembly line design principles using Six Sigma and simulation.
- Love DM & Ball PD (2009) Rapid modelling in manufacturing system design using domain specific simulators.
- Despeisse M, Ball PD, Evans S & Levers A (2009) Zero carbon manufacturing through process flow modelling.
- Smith M, Ball PD & van der Meer R (2009) Enablers and barriers to innovation activities in call centres.
- Thomson A, Grierson H, Ball P & Mendibil K (2008) Improving the design student experience.
- Smith M, Ball PD & van der Meer R (2008) Understanding how organisational characteristics of UK contact centres impact their scope for innovation.
- Smith M & Ball PD (2007) Linking organizational innovation and product lifecycle management.
- Smith M, Busi M, Ball PD & Van Der Meer R (2007) The impact of outsourcing on an organisations ability to innovate.
- Albores P, Ball PD & Macbryde J (2007) Developing simulation components for supply chain modeling.
- Busi M & Ball PD (2007) Strategic Global Sourcing: towards the creation of a toolkit for informed decision making.
- Product Lifecycle Management ý Assessing the industrial relevance.
Book Chapter Abstract
- Despeisse M, Ball PD & Evans S (2103) Strategies and Ecosystem View for Industrial Sustainability. In: Re-engineering Manufacturing for Sustainability. Nee, AYC, Song B, Ong S-K (ed.), Singapore: Springer, p. 565-570.
- Tiwari A, Turner C, Ball P & Vergidis K (2010) Multi-objective optimisation of web business processes. In: Simulated evolution and learning : 8th International Conference, SEAL 2010, Kanpur, India, December 1-4, 2010. Proceedings, (LNCS 6457).. Deb K, Bhattacharya A, Chakroborty P, Dutta J, Gupta SK, Jain A, Aggarwal V, Branke J, Louis SJ, Tan KC (ed.), Berlin: Springer-Verlag, p. 573-577.